Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop non ad users accessing network and internet

Thank you for your usefull forum

I have a network which contains computers belong to Active directory 2003 and some computers do not belong to the active directory .

I have a computer in this AD work as proxy server (ccproxy ) and give internet to clinets by IP + MAC .

I have problem in computers that not in AD . they change their IP and MAC and get internet .

So please I want a solution for that .to prevent non active directory computers to connect to any computer in my Active directory and do not get internet

Thank you agian
    Last edited by kareem_naser; 25th May 2009, 11:36.

Re: Hi

Welcome to Petri, Kareem
    Please take a moment and read the forum rules: http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=11

A mod will be along shortly to move your post to the correct place
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Hi

Please read the forum rules.

"hi" is NOT an acceptable title.

To answer your question install a proxy of some sort.

Comment

Re: Stop non ad users accessing network and internet

Make sure your proxy server is the only machine that is connected to the internet (by having two nics). Now create a rule o that proxy server(i suggest ISA 2006) that only authenticated users or specified computers can pass through your proxy server

bio..

Comment

Thank you Boi,
          I have two NIC on proxy server .
          But I use Ccproxy server not ISA server .
          so I need way to stop non authintificate user ( non active directory computer ) to connect Proxy server .

Comment

Well, according to this link: http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/faq_3.htm
            it can integrate with AD. Since the page also mentions NT4 things may have changed but it is given in the v6.1 user guide (p25)
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your help Mr.Ossian

you are right .but this properties of CCproxy will work just if you install CCproxy on DC ( Domain controller )

But I need to make Proxy server machine just for internet not more to reduce risk of viruses coming from internet .

Comment

Are you sure?
                From http://www.youngzsoft.net/ccproxy/doc/ccproxy.pdf page 25
                NT User Auth: If you check this box, CCProxy will import the Active Directory accounts automatically. You can input the AD server name in the edit box. "." means local server.
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Thank you ..you are right ..this feature is available in newest version of CCproxy .

Thank you for your help .
                  But if there is any other way using Active dirctory GP I will be very happy .
                  Thank you again

Comment

No.

Your PC's need to be authenticated to run the GPO's from your AD.

Think about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X