Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriuos Problem with SSRS

Hi,

I have a working Reporting services server.

I needed to install a Stress tool on the same server, and had to install/add .net 1.1 framework in the same server. the server worked ok with .net 2.

Now I can not get the SSRS working. I uninstalled the .net 1.1 framework but it still does not work.

SSRS from the IIS is not working for me.

When I try to open the "SQL Server Management Studio" with the Reporting Services "Server type" i recieve this error:

Cannot connect to ..

------------------------------
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

The attempt to connect to the report server failed. Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient)

------------------------------

The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient)

Please Help !

Thanks,
    Michael

Re: Seriuos Problem with SSRS

Is it worth backing up the SSRS databases and doing a reinstall of the product?

Can you give us a hint on which version of SQL Server, which server OS (and if either are 32 or 64-bit software)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Hi,
      sorry for that ...

The server is windows 2003 std 64 bit.

The SQL server versions is:
      Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.1399.06 (X64) Oct 14 2005 00:35:21 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Developer Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)

If i am backing up the SSRS DB I can recover all my reports fastly ?

Thanks,
      Michael

Comment

Hi,

I also do not see the .net framework in iis !

Michael

Comment

Working...
        X