Need help with unattened dcpromo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with unattened dcpromo

Hello, I'm basicly at the start of a course for MCITP and we have a project in class on Microsoft Windows 2003 Enviorment. I would say its simllar to this project: http://he.petri.co.il/final_project_..._2003_core.htm but abit shorten up - the director of the project is Daniel Petri also.

I'm trying to make this project as automated as i can and i find myself stuck abit with installing AD with unattened.txt.

I'm trying to install a brand new AD as a first domain in a new forest, heres my unattend.txt file:

ReplicaOrNewDomain=Domain
    TreeOrChild=Tree
    CreateOrJoin=Create
    NewDomainDNSName=nwtraders.msft
    DNSOnNetwork=yes
    DomainNetbiosName=nwtraders
    AutoConfigDNS=yes
    AllowAnonymousAccess=no
    DatabasePath=%systemroot%\ntds
    LogPath=%systemroot%\ntds
    SYSVOLPath=%systemroot%\sysvol
    SafeModeAdminPassword=Pa$$w0rd
    CriticalReplicationOnly=No
    RebootOnSuccess=yes
    My problem is, when I run the unattend.txt file via cmd as : dcpromo /unattend unattend.txt, it starts the installation but promting for User name/Password/Domain if i enter user name and password it just goes tothe GUI step by step installation and i would like to avoid it. The machine im installing it on is a cloned w2k3sp2 without any prior installs of any kind, only Windows Updates.

And another questin on the go.
    Is there any way to add multiple users to groups like "for /f ^options^" for users, or maybe including a group to dsadd user ?

Any help is appriciated.

Thanks in advace, i find this forums very usefull for me.
    -Michael
Working...
X