No announcement yet.

dns error 7062

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dns error 7062

hello all windows gurus,

from last week there is a strange problem start. continiously one dns error comes 7062. i see the microsoft site it didn't help me out. the dns is configured in the local server. there are some pics and error report i send it with this post. so plz all windows gurus if any suggestion is there regarding this issue give a feedback.
    The DNS server has a self-addressed to him pack on IP address identified. The package is for the DNS name "" The packet is discarded. This situation usually indicates a configuration error.
    the error msg indicates
    Check the following areas of configuration errors that addressing the self-declared:
    1) forwarding list. (DNS servers are allowed to self-no forwarding address.)
    2) master list of secondary zones.
    3) Notification lists of primary zones.
    4) Delegation of part zones. Can no NS record for this DNS server, unless the sub-zone is also located on this server
    5) Root hints

i found another tips to delete rootdnsserver and just restart the dns. is it the only idea to repair? 'coz exchange and DC are also in the same server.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by genio; 23rd May 2009, 07:34.

Re: dns error 7062

When i saw your system log i can see. last message.

20090522 20:32:48 910 ANY Packet at 029C9030 is detected as being sent to DNS server itself at IP - message follows:
    20090522 20:32:48 910

Please check this kb also.