Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DISABLE Offline Caching-Roaming Profiles

Hi,

Basically I would liek to know if it's possible to Disable Offline caching on a Roaming Profile share without affecting anything on the system or disturbing anyone whilst their working.
    Microsoft suggest creating another share then Disable Offline Caching and then moving the Roaming Profile there. I don't really want to do that and really just want to disable offline caching just as it is.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287566

I figure it would be something like removing NTFS Permissiong inheritance and would not affect anyone. But never actually disabled offline caching whilst profiles are in use.

O/S: WIndows Server 2003

If anyone has done this before without a hastle please let me know.

Thanks in advance

Re: DISABLE Offline Caching-Roaming Profiles

BTW I don't believe the profiles are in use after logon and only used when logged off as it would write to the Roming profile share. Whilst there are working they are using their local profiles if I'm correct in saying that..

Comment

That is correct.

Question, are your computers in a domain? You can solve your problem via GPO if so.

Comment

Yes computers are in a domain and you are probably right, this could be done via GPO. Cheers.

Comment

FYI
          Change was made on the Roaming profile share, no delay and no disturbance as was predicted.

Comment

Working...
          X