No announcement yet.

WIN 2K3 - 2 NIC - 2 DHCP Pools - HOWTO?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIN 2K3 - 2 NIC - 2 DHCP Pools - HOWTO?

Hi,

I have a win2k3 server and two network cards. each on is connected to a different network.

Can i provide DHCP to each card from a different poll?
    If so how can i do that?

Thanks in advanced,
    Komar

Re: WIN 2K3 - 2 NIC - 2 DHCP Pools - HOWTO?

try this

Originally posted by http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Windows_Networking/NT/Q_22518998.html
    In the 2 scopes, create and exclusion range (right click on Address pool, select New Exclusion Range). Exclude the first usable IP address. This way DHCP will not try to give out this address. It will not be in the range.

example: Scope 192.168.1.0, the first usable ip address will be 192.168.1.1. You can not use 192.168.1.0, this is the network ID.

So if you have 2 scopes 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 (for example)
    NIC 1 should be 192.168.1.1
    NIC 2 should be 192.168.2.1

When the DHCP traffic hits the NIC (1 or 2) it should assign IP from that scope. Because the IP of the NICs are valid address in the scope, but they cant be passed out by DHCP to clients.
    took me a few minutes of googling, and i haven't tested it.. but i trust most of the things i get from EE almost as much as the help i get from this site.
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: WIN 2K3 - 2 NIC - 2 DHCP Pools - HOWTO?

Are these networks routed?
      This is important to determine wheather you only need one DHCP server in one subnet, configure two scopes and allow DHCP traffic to the other subnet or allocate two DHCP servers, one in each subnet.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X