Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server 2003 GPO objects kicking computers off domian!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 2003 GPO objects kicking computers off domian!!

I have already posted a question on this one. Alot of my computers are loosing the trust between them and the domain. I have narrowed it down to some GPO's that are being pushed. Is there something that is well know for kicking computers off the domain. Also, i have to rename the computer to put it back on!! I dont have the specifics as to what the GPO's are that are being forced. (Im in the Military) They dont tells us anything. Damn civilidans trying to keep job security. The servers are all 2003 and the boxes are XP sp2. Thanks a lot
    SPC Passaro, Vincent
    A+, Security+, MCP Server 2000

STRIKE HOLD!!
    AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

A suggestion from a damn civilian:

No, there is no GPO setting that will remove a computer from the domain. Only a script can do that AFAIK, but GPO's can contain scripts of course.

You can see what GPO's apply to a XP box by running rsop.msc. If you have sufficient priviliges you can do it remotely with the highly recommended Group Policy Management Console (GPMC), downloadable from MS.

Comment

Great for the tip. Didnt know that shortcut. Have you hard of anything that might cause it to have the computers loose trust to the domain?! Thanks
      SPC Passaro, Vincent

STRIKE HOLD!!
      AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

Comment

Originally posted by zcrxsir88
        Great for the tip. Didnt know that shortcut. Have you hard of anything that might cause it to have the computers loose trust to the domain?! Thanks
        - restoring the PC
        - restoring the account (in AD)
        - someone rejoining a PC with the same name
        - someone resetting the computer account

that's about it. Hope this helps...

Comment

Thankks for all the help. Im going to have to mess with some stuff to try and figure it out. Even the "Smarties" above me have no idea. I guess this is happening over all of our theater!! (Im in Afghanistan). But thanks again.
          SPC Passaro, Vincent

STRIKE HOLD!!
          AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!!

Comment

Working...
          X