No announcement yet.

DNS installation missing?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS installation missing?

First of all i really must say that i like the guides on the homepage Second, i made this topic because i have a little problem with Windows 2000 and i hope somebody here could help me out.

For school i recieved a practice assignment. I need to install Active Directory on a Windows 2000 computer but i'm stuck at a part from the Petri guide. I want to install DNS on my 2000 computer but when i do what the tutorial says me to do, i'm not seeing any DNS options.

I made a picture of my problem, i hope somebody understand it

The picture is big, so here is the link:

I already tried re-installing W2000 but with no result

Re: DNS installation missing?

Can you confirm it is Windows 2000 Server and not Professional?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

defintely looks like 2000 pro rather than server..

also - your school gave youcourse material for W2000 ? wow..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

My uni had us installing NT4 and an antique version of Netware in 2004. I was quite abrupt when the tutor had us all installing an out of date version of Red Hat. He insisted we needed the experience in using Linux so I turned round and switched on my Debian laptop and he left me alone..

But on topic, I do concur that it doesn't look much like 2K server..

Indeed, it looks like you are using the Windows 2000 Pro OS.
          Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"