Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 13508 NtFrs trying to replicate dead server

hello all im receiving this message on our primary DC

The File Replication Service is having trouble enabling replication from deadserver to newserver for c:\winnt\sysvol\domain using the DNS name deadserver.DOMAIN.ds. FRS will keep retrying.
    Following are some of the reasons you would see this warning.

[1] FRS can not correctly resolve the DNS name deadserver.DOMAIN.ds from this computer.
    [2] FRS is not running on deadserver.DOMAIN.ds.
    [3] The topology information in the Active Directory for this replica has not yet replicated to all the Domain Controllers.

This event log message will appear once per connection, After the problem is fixed you will see another event log message indicating that the connection has been established.

does anyone know how to stop the new server trying to replicate to the dead server?

when the deadserver was decommissoned it was demoted etc...

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...........

Edit

i think i may have kinda sussed it, there are still two (dead) dc's in the Domain Contollers tab in AD. when you try and delete the dead machines it says "The DSA object can not be removed"
    Last edited by mudcow007; 15th May 2009, 10:00.

Re: Error 13508 NtFrs trying to replicate dead server

its ok all, i found this in the MS site

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/216498

Comment

Re: Error 13508 NtFrs trying to replicate dead server

I think you are heading on the right direction.
      The problem to me doesn't seem to be with the FRS replication but with old data left in AD.
      What server os are you using and are you certain the DC demotion has been successful in the past?
      Try to do a metadata cleanup just in case.
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X