No announcement yet.

Re: Forest Trust Transitivity and Logon Loop?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Forest Trust Transitivity and Logon Loop?

Problem 1:

I just created and configured a new forest and a domain within that forest to have a two-way Forest trust with the existing forest and domain. So far it looks like this:

1 Forest "A"
    1 Domain "A1"

1 Forest "B"
    1 Domain "B1"

When I take workstations from Domain A1 and join them to Domain B1, it goes through fine and prompts me to reboot. When I try to login with any UID other than the built-in Administrator account for Domain B1, it gets stuck in an "applying your personal settings.." loop and returns to the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen.

Problem 2:

When I logon to Domain A1 and lookup the trust I setup, it says "External" and under the Transitive column reads "No" --when I right-click, click properties and try to Validate, it says the DC for Domain B1 could not be reached.

This problem seems to have cleared up on its own after installing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on the DC for Domain B1 as I tested it on another computer with a different UID and it worked OK. Only concern is the "Applying your personal settings..." still takes in excess of 3-5 minutes.

Last edited by hcaulfield; 14th May 2009, 17:14.

Re: Forest Trust Transitivity and Logon Loop?

Also, when I run "ipconfig /all" from the command prompt on the primary DC on Domain B, the "Connection-specific DNS Suffix" returns Domain A.

Is it safe to say this is a DNS issue and that both problems described above are related?