Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow Copy Problem

Hi

I am having an issue with viewing previous versions of files and folders on 1 particular network share drive.

There are 3 network shared drives set up on our Windows 2003 server domain controller and viewing previous versions of shadow copies from my XP pro workstation was working perfectly for all 3 drives.

Now it seems that only 2 of the network drives have volume shadow copy working as it is suppose to, i.e I can view previous versions of files and folders and restore them without any problems from my workstation. However on one of the network shared drives I have been having an issue where nothing gets displayed under the Previous Versions tab.

I have checked the schedule task for this particular shared drive and this does confirm that the daily scheduled shadow copy for this drive is running and can see the previous times, dates it has run and the amount of space it has taken up, however when I try to check to see if I can restore any files or folders under the Previous versions tab, it does not display any previous versions to restore from.

The fact that this problem only exists on one of the networked shared drives is making me wonder if this is a permissions issue, but having checked and compared the permissions on all 3 network shared drives I cant see any difference.

Any help on this issue would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks You

Re: Shadow Copy Problem

Did you check drive space by chance?

Comment

Any events logged by VSS?
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Yes I have checked the space on the drive where the Shadow Copies are stored and there is plenty of space available. There is 187gb free on the Shadow Copy hard drive.

Even log doesnt seem to show any real problems either and shadow copy is working fine on the other 2 network drives.

Not sure what else to check or try !

Comment

Have you looked at the Previous Versions from a few machines?

Also, double check that its not in aniother higher level share, which may have the previous versions for it.

Comment

You can check the Shadow Copy from the Server by using a UNC path to the SHARE, via the Run command.
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
            X