Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Login

Hi,

I had a DC with IP 172.19.72.21 for new transactions i had to change its ip 172.19.172.21 after which many clients connected to Domain successfully But a a day after few clients are not able to connect to login back. While attempting to reconfigure the doamin i get the error "Not able to find the Domain" Ping goes successful.

Any suggestions?

Re: Domain Login

Originally posted by milind5656 View Post
    Hi,

I had a DC with IP 172.19.72.21 for new transactions i had to change its ip 172.19.172.21 after which many clients connected to Domain successfully But a a day after few clients are not able to connect to login back. While attempting to reconfigure the doamin i get the error "Not able to find the Domain" Ping goes successful.

Any suggestions?
    Make sure the DC's SRV records are registered only as the new IP address in DNS.

Have you cleared the DNS cache of the problem machines? ipconfig /flushdns

Comment

Well Cleared the DNS cache, did ipconfig /flushdns

for your information there are OLD entries in forwad zone of 72 series. will it make any difference?

Comment

Not sure what you mean by forward zone. Is it a forwarder entry from before? Are the DNS SRV records only the new IP?

Comment

Yes DNS SRV recorded new entries when machines were added two days before.
          But now since machines are not able to join the Domain the entries are not being created. I think the entries will get created automatically but it has to oin the Domain first.

Comment

Do you use DHCP to allocate clients an IP? What IP addresses are assigned to the problem client machines? Have you tried ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew, if it's DHCP. However, not sure what subnet mask you are using.

Comment

DHCP will not be the issues. Becoz it is distributing IPs DNS and Default gateway properly. Offcourse did tried ipconfig /release /renew etc. subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

Comment

It may be. Type ipconfig /all and check the IP address assigned to the problem machines. If it's not on the same range as the DC then it won't find it.

Comment

To me it looks like DNS problem.
                  Does your DC has DNS server role or it is another server?

Comment

Yes that was a DNs issue. Zones were not configured properly.

Thanks for Help.

Comment

Strange that it was only effecting a few clients as you originally mentioned but glad you got it sorted.

Something to keep in mind in the future, as you effectively changed your network address to a different one, any PCs still configured on the old IP address range would not be able to communicate, hence my recommendation to check the IP address. You were using a 255.255.255.0 subnet. DHCP may still be allocating the correct IPs but doesn't necessarily mean the client has the correct one.

Comment

Working...
                      X