No announcement yet.

use performance monitor over the net ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• use performance monitor over the net ??

Hi guys, I got 2 or 3 win2k3 server that I want to monitor using performance monitor. But those server are web server to different place in the world.. So I want to know if I can remote performance monitor those server just like on a local network... To get CPU, MEMORY and some network information in real time on my Client windowx xp at home..

So do you guys got any clue how to do this with out doing any VPN link on the server to get my data... because right now I got computer not found error when I use the ip adresse and thats normal.. But maybe you guys know something to be able to share this on the internet or get direct access on my server from the performance tools at home..

thx..

Without VPN?

HUmMmMM

Must be with performance monitor tool from windows???
    MCSE w2k
    MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
    MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

yeah the performance monitor that come with windows I want to monitor my server LIVE from my client.. But those server are not in my domain or anything they are web server at different location..

Comment

In order to use perfmon, you need access to Remote Registry service, which means that you need RPC open to the remote server.

Without VPN the only trick I can think of would be installing SSH server on the remote WEB server and forwarding the required ports to the local computer (the one you are running perfmon on). Could work as one-time solution, but in the long term you will need some kind of VPN connectivity to the remote server or open all the ports on theremote server's firewall to the source IP of your monitoring workstation.
        Guy Teverovsky
        "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Working...
        X