Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• permissions

My NOS - W2K3 and Win Xp Pro and OL 2K3
    I have 2 objects on my network. An administartive user and security group we will call them "O" and "P" respectively . Both objects have the members assigned to them, with some of them in the two groups.

The problem arose when the users in security group "P" decided it would be better to have the email coming to "P" be forwarded to "O" for management issues.
    Simple enough this was done by just doing as requested but that led to "O" no longer receiving their email since the some members in O were also in P so it affected those members in O. I resolved that by removing the members from group P and assigned perms explicitly to O. The result of this was disastrous because now P's folder rights were affected since it was now empty . I also had to give explicit perms to the users that were in Pto all the folders they had perms to.

While this has provided peace as a work around its not how I would like to have my perms working. For obvious reasons I would like group permissions rather than single users. My network is not too big from a user perspective so I can afford to try out some options any one might suggest?

I hope this is clear.
    There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Re: permissions

Originally posted by tmel173
    My NOS - W2K3 and Win Xp Pro and OL 2K3
    I have 2 objects on my network. An administartive user and security group we will call them "O" and "P" respectively . Both objects have the members assigned to them, with some of them in the two groups.

The problem arose when the users in security group "P" decided it would be better to have the email coming to "P" be forwarded to "O" for management issues.
    Simple enough this was done by just doing as requested but that led to "O" no longer receiving their email since the some members in O were also in P so it affected those members in O. I resolved that by removing the members from group P and assigned perms explicitly to O. The result of this was disastrous because now P's folder rights were affected since it was now empty . I also had to give explicit perms to the users that were in Pto all the folders they had perms to.

While this has provided peace as a work around its not how I would like to have my perms working. For obvious reasons I would like group permissions rather than single users. My network is not too big from a user perspective so I can afford to try out some options any one might suggest?

I hope this is clear.
    Are you using Exchange? Are "O" and "P" mail-enabled security groups?
    Don't fool yourself. If you truly feel passionate about something, you will do whatever it takes. If you don't, you'd better get busy pursuing happiness, because it's all you've got.

Comment

Re: permissions

I am using exchange 2K3 and and "P" is mail enabled security group but "O" is an administrative mailbox user .
      There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.

Comment

Working...
      X