Add Unlock User Option to Active Directory Users and Computers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add Unlock User Option to Active Directory Users and Computers

In the tutorial it suggests placing the scripts in the \\server\netlogon folder and I agree becuase if you have a forest it replicates. But the problem I have is when executing the script i get a security prompt showing the .vbs script asking if I want to run it. How do I add that script to trusted so I don't get that prompt?

Link to Tutorial

Re: Add Unlock User Option to Active Directory Users and Computers

Have you tried unchecking the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox? Whether you are editing or running any VBscript file it will ask if you want to do that if the box is not unchecked.
    Don't fool yourself. If you truly feel passionate about something, you will do whatever it takes. If you don't, you'd better get busy pursuing happiness, because it's all you've got.

Comment

This is something that will happen if the server isn't trusted. It's been around since XP SP2, and it does this on all executables, not just vbscript.

If you add "\\yourservername" to your local intranet zone trusted computer list it will stop prompting.

Start->(Settings)Control Panel->Internet Options->Security Tab->Local Intranet->Sites->Advanced->Enter Servername "\\yourservername" in textbox and click add->Close->Ok->Ok.

or via group policy.

Computer Config>Admin Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Security Page->Site to Zone Assignment List

Site to Zone Assignment List: Enabled
      Add unc here. Each zone assignment has a numerical value, trusted zone = "2".
      Last edited by ahinson; 30th April 2009, 04:48.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by ahinson View Post
        This is something that will happen if the server isn't trusted. It's been around since XP SP2, and it does this on all executables, not just vbscript.

If you add "\\yourservername" to your local intranet zone trusted computer list it will stop prompting.

Start->(Settings)Control Panel->Internet Options->Security Tab->Local Intranet->Sites->Advanced->Enter Servername "\\yourservername" in textbox and click add->Close->Ok->Ok.

or via group policy.

Computer Config>Admin Templates>Windows Components>Internet Explorer>Internet Control Panel>Security Page->Site to Zone Assignment List

Site to Zone Assignment List: Enabled
        Add unc here. Each zone assignment has a numerical value, trusted zone = "2".

This is the fix... Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X