Server 03 slipstreamed with RAID Drivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server 03 slipstreamed with RAID Drivers

Hey all. This is my first post here asking a question. Please be gentle.

I am working on a rebuilding a server using a ASUS P5MT Motherboard. I have two 250 drives hooked up and set them up as RAID 1 in the bios/RAID tool. I used nlite to slipstream RAID drivers into an install disk of Windows 2003 Enterprise. I popped in the disc and tried to install WinSrv03 and it loaded the RAID drivers no problem. I get to about 82 percent of setup files being copied over when I get an error message stating that certain .dll files cant be copied over (forgot which ones exactly) and the I get a BSOD stating that the disc is bad. I burned 2 more copies using other WinSrv03 Installation disks and got the same result. Was wondering if I was missing a step in this process. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Server 03 slipstreamed with RAID Drivers

I would drop your burn speed down to 1x or 2x, sounds like its being corrupted by a high burn speed

Comment

Originally posted by madman045 View Post
      I would drop your burn speed down to 1x or 2x, sounds like its being corrupted by a high burn speed
      Thanks. I forgot about disk speeds. I tried that though and still having the same issue. I cant figure out what's wrong...

Comment

I've almost always found with XP/2003 installs that a failure on file copy can be traced to faulty memory. If you've got multiple modules in there might be worth trying them individually.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X