I lose services when my DC is down.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I lose services when my DC is down.

Hello, i have dc on 2003, also have ISA on 2003.

When i restart my dc, my internet stops and i also cannot log in via remote desktop to my other servers.

Is this is normal ?
    What i must change to fix this problem ?

Thank you.

Re: I lose services when my DC is down.

Yes, this is normal when you have only one DC. When your DC is down your clients don't have a DNS server to use so therefore they cannot get to the internet because they cannot resolve web addresses to ip addresses. Also, when you're DC is down you can't logon to other servers because the DC is down and can't authenticate the user.

Set up another DC so that when one DC is down the other can provide DNS resolution and authentication.

Comment

what joeqwerty said.. with one sideline.

Yo usay when your DC restarts you can't do that.. is it WHILE it's restarting, or is it after it restartsit's just broken, unless you restart asgain or something ?
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
        Yes, this is normal when you have only one DC. When your DC is down your clients don't have a DNS server to use so therefore they cannot get to the internet because they cannot resolve web addresses to ip addresses. Also, when you're DC is down you can't logon to other servers because the DC is down and can't authenticate the user.

Set up another DC so that when one DC is down the other can provide DNS resolution and authentication.

Thanks. I will promote my file server that is also win 2003 to secondary DC

Comment

Originally posted by lg911 View Post
          Thanks. I will promote my file server that is also win 2003 to secondary DC
          And don't forget to make it a GC (Global Catalog).
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X