X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: DHCP error message

Hi

I am new here....

I have 2 DHCP servers. The first one is dishing out ip addresses in the range of 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.110

The second DHCP server is on Windows Server 2003 dishes out ip addresses 192.168.2.1 to 192.168.2.20

My Client PC is picking up ip addresses from the first DHCP server which is what I don't want.

I want my client PC to pick-up an ip address from the second DHCP server. I have tried to exclude ip addresses starting from 192.168.0.100 and ending 192.168.0.110 but a keep getting an error "the ip adress range is not a subset of the overall range"

Can you tell me what I am doing wrong.

Thanks
    Solly

Re: DHCP error message

In future please start your own thread and don't hijack anyone elses.

Comment

Re: DHCP error message

If both DHCP servers are on the same subnet as the machine in question then you can't choose which DHCP to use. That's the way DHCP servers work because they use broadcast for the initial communication.
      Why don't you tell us what you are trying to do first and someone might suggest an appropriate solution such as deploying VLANS maybe or reserving IP addresses.

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X