Netlogon Folder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netlogon Folder

I was just wondering if someone could assist me. On Windows server 2003, I understand that the Netlogon folder is for login scripts which are shared across the board and replicate on all Dc's. However, I'm curious to know what will happen if I place a batch file in there or a registry key. Will those settings be applied or will I have to apply these via GPO and script?

Re: Netlogon Folder

Originally posted by tradu81 View Post
    I was just wondering if someone could assist me. On Windows server 2003, I understand that the Netlogon folder is for login scripts which are shared across the board and replicate on all Dc's. However, I'm curious to know what will happen if I place a batch file in there or a registry key. Will those settings be applied or will I have to apply these via GPO and script?
    You'll still need to apply these batch files by using the Logon Script option under the Profile tab of the AD user's properties. If they aren't applied somewhere, then they don't do any good as far as I know.
    Don't fool yourself. If you truly feel passionate about something, you will do whatever it takes. If you don't, you'd better get busy pursuing happiness, because it's all you've got.

Comment

Re: Netlogon Folder

I think you may be right. Cheers

Comment

Working...
      X