Adminpak question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adminpak question

Hi guys is this possible? I created an MMC in my DC and named it Admin Console. In that console I added these snap-ins ADUC, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy Management.

Now I installed Adminpak.msi in a client computer. I did the runas command of dsa.msc and it works. runas /User: Domain\administrator "mmc %windir%\system32\dsa.msc"

But of course it will only Run ADUC. But what i want is to run the console that i created in my DC which is the Admin console.msc

Now is it possible? How can I do it?

TIA
    Ronuel
    MCP
    There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Re: Adminpak question

Just do exactly the same steps on the client PC with the admin pack installed. I.e type MMC into a Run box, add the snap-ins you want, make sure they are pointed at the DC you want to manage and then save the console. You may well have to run mmc as the domain administrator for all of the snap-ins to work correctly.

I've never tried it but I think you could probably copy your custom console from the server onto the client and it would work if you run it as administrator.
    BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
    sigpic
    Cruachan's Blog

Comment

I actually did it Sir, but its not working.. Any other inputs? TIA
      Ronuel
      MCP

Comment

Can you be more specific than not working? Error messages, do any parts work etc?
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

How about
          START -- RUN
          mmc "path to custom console\name of custom console"
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Got it working now. Just had to wait for a few seconds for dhcp snap in to be working(it seems to be connecting to the server)..for the DNS i had to type the computer name of the DNS server. and for the GPOeditor. I installed GPMC in my XP. Thanks Guys..
            Ronuel
            MCP

Comment

So which of several possible suggestions fixed it?
              (just to help the next person with the same problem)
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Actually before asking this question i already did what both of you suggested. It just happend that I had no patience.. So i think that was the problem. But yes I could say both your suggestion works. Thanks Guys..
                Ronuel
                MCP

Comment

Working...
                X