Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Admin permissions in domain

Hello All,
    I experience a strange problem. My account is member of Domain Admins so I have admin access to all machines connected to domain but... I have a problem with running installation program on some machines - I get prompt: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file..." (see the attached file) The file is on local machine not on a network share. I am not able to use "Run As" as well. I cannot run installation program but I can do everything else.. for example change local admin password. When I log on as a local admin I can start installation. Any ideas? Please advise. Thanks.
    Marcin.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by marcin; 16th April 2009, 16:39.

Re: Problem with Admin permissions in domain

Can you run the installation from the networkshare? or do you get the same error?

When you check the properties of the local installation file, do you see any attributes that might prevent execution?

Comment

Re: Problem with Admin permissions in domain

As it is working with a local account but not with the domain admin account, i would say that GPO's are set to restrict the installer service or that certain NTFS restriction are enforced by Policies.
      [Powershell]
      Start-DayDream
      Set-Location Malibu Beach
      Get-Drink
      Lay-Back
      Start-Sleep
      Wake-Up!
      Resume-Service
      Write-Warning
      [/Powershell]

BLOG: Therealshrimp.blogspot.com

Comment