No announcement yet.

Issues on replication and access to shared folders after applying March updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues on replication and access to shared folders after applying March updates

I have a SBS 2003 to which a domain from a Windows 2000 Server was migrated, keeping both as domain controllers and doing the replication between them. I applied March updates on 11th March on W2K Server and the moment I applied them on SBS ( a fortnight ago ), I started having errors on replication system (SBS tells it is unable to communicate with W2K). On the other hand, on W2k, if I query the shares using net view \\servername, I get access denied but if I do net view with the SBS IP, I get the share names. From W2k, I'm unable to access anything on SBS by name (get UserEnv error 1000 saying it can access gpt.ini or getting return error 2146893022 after saying it can't determine the computer name or user); from SBS and other workstations I'm able to access anything on W2k.

A few notes yet:
    - I'm using the Administrator account
    - The Windows time on both servers are the same since I've used net time \\SBS-IP /Set from W2k
    - From w2k server I can ping successfully SBS either using its name (eg SBSServer ) or its IP. I can also ping sucessfully ping the domain itself (eg ping domain.loc) and the hostname (eg ping sbsserver.domain.loc).
    - I've checked blocked lists on DNS Service and there are no names on it.
    - When I restart W2k, the Netlogon service appears as interrupted but if choose to continue/reset it starts with no error.

Before uninstalling them, I'd like to know what am I doing wrong or what can I do to solve this.

Thanks.

Re: Issues on replication and access to shared folders after applying March updates

have u tryed restarting DFS replication?

Comment

Working...
    X