Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Controller take much time to Boot

Hi everyone,

since today morning my domain controller took more time start. It was take more time during Preparing Network connections. I was run netdiag /fix and restart Netlogon services. But nothing happened. I mention below my infra configuration.

3 Domain controllers (1 Primary and 2 additional controllers)
    DNS-Active directory integrated /Dynamic DNS allowed

Pls Advice

Regards & Thanks
    Chin
    Last edited by Chinthaka; 13th April 2009, 16:41.

Re: Domain Controller take much time to Boot

Is the DC multihomed?

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Is the DC multihomed?
      No that is not a multihomed DC

Regards
      Last edited by Chinthaka; 12th April 2009, 16:27.

Comment

How much time is "more time"?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
          How much time is "more time"?

Ya it will take 4 minutes for Preparing Network connections

Pls refer below mention logs which is display in Event viewer

IN system Log

ID:-5781
          Source:-Netlogon

Description:-
          Dynamic registration or deletion of one or more DNS records associated with DNS domain 'xxxxxx.com.' failed. These records are used by other computers to locate this server as a domain controller (if the specified domain is an Active Directory domain) or as an LDAP server (if the specified domain is an application partition).

Possible causes of failure include:
          - TCP/IP properties of the network connections of this computer contain wrong IP address(es) of the preferred and alternate DNS servers
          - Specified preferred and alternate DNS servers are not running
          - DNS server(s) primary for the records to be registered is not running
          - Preferred or alternate DNS servers are configured with wrong root hints

ID:-40960
          Source:-LSASRV
          Discription:-

The Security System detected an authentication error for the server ldap/DC1.xxxxxxx.com. The failure code from authentication protocol Kerberos was "There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
          (0xc000005e)".

Directory Services

ID:-2088
          Source:-NTDS Replication

Description:-

Active Directory could not use DNS to resolve the IP address of the source domain controller listed below. To maintain the consistency of Security groups, group policy, users and computers and their passwords, Active Directory successfully replicated using the NetBIOS or fully qualified computer name of the source domain controller.

Invalid DNS configuration may be affecting other essential operations on member computers, domain controllers or application servers in this Active Directory forest, including logon authentication or access to network resources.

You should immediately resolve this DNS configuration error so that this domain controller can resolve the IP address of the source domain controller using DNS.

Alternate server name:
          DC2
          Failing DNS host name:
          2683c4cb-9c9a-4217-819a-53ae5cf4ac46._msdcs.benandbrady.com

NOTE: By default, only up to 10 DNS failures are shown for any given 12 hour period, even if more than 10 failures occur. To log all individual failure events, set the following diagnostics registry value to 1:

Registry Path:
          HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\NTDS\Diagno stics\22 DS RPC Client

User Action:

1) If the source domain controller is no longer functioning or its operating system has been reinstalled with a different computer name or NTDSDSA object GUID, remove the source domain controller's metadata with ntdsutil.exe, using the steps outlined in MSKB article 216498.

2) Confirm that the source domain controller is running Active directory and is accessible on the network by typing "net view \\<source DC name>" or "ping <source DC name>".

3) Verify that the source domain controller is using a valid DNS server for DNS services, and that the source domain controller's host record and CNAME record are correctly registered, using the DNS Enhanced version of DCDIAG.EXE available on http://www.microsoft.com/dns

dcdiag /test:dns

4) Verify that that this destination domain controller is using a valid DNS server for DNS services, by running the DNS Enhanced version of DCDIAG.EXE command on the console of the destination domain controller, as follows:

dcdiag /test:dns

5) For further analysis of DNS error failures see KB 824449:
          http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=824449

Additional Data
          Error value:
          11004 The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

PLS advice

Regards

Comment

Re: Domain Controller take much time to Boot-Sloved

HI guys,

finally I was able to solve my problem on DC. There was a DNS related issues.
            When I point it self as a DNS server, it was taken more time to resolve. Here is the article I was used.

945765 Domain Controller boots up slowly when pointing to itself as the only DNS server
            http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;945765

Regards & Thanks
            Chinthaka

Comment

Working...
            X