Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primary DC & only DNS BSOD server 2000

Hi

This is my first post and I have serious need of help.

Our network has a Proliant DL360 G3 running server 2000 SP4. It is the primary domian controller and only DNS server (a mistake I know).

Has been working fine. I restarted the server yesterday (15 hours ago) as required by Kaspersky for Enterprise 6 hotfix.

The server came up with blue screen of death. STOP: 0x000000D1 ... DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL .... - adpu160m.sys

The server will not start even in Safe Mode.

Help! Cannot even boot from Windows server 2000 CD becuase it cannot see the RAID - can I boot after SmartStart?

As a result unable to get onto internet from work for any research so after many hours am back home (1 hour round trip) to try for help.

Also tried installing DNS on the secondary DC this required a restart and now that will only start in safe mode.

So basically I have no network and unless I get it fixed probably no job!

Re: Primary DC & only DNS BSOD server 2000

Try starting it from the Last Known Good configuration.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Try starting it from the Last Known Good configuration.
      Hi joeqwerty

It will not start with any of the options from F8 including Last Knwon Good, Safe Mode, DSRM

Comment

You will need the floppy disk with the RAID drivers to boot from the CD -- press F6 when prompted to, then try going into a repair install

Do you have an ERD (since its Win2K)
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I have got the DC & DNS Server working.
          Tried a complete re-install with new Hard drives and SmartStart CD - the server crashed as soon as Windows was installed and tried to boot with the same BSOD. So that told me the problem was with the hardware. The adpu160m.sys told me it was SCSI related, so I removed the SCSI adaptor card, refitted the original hard drives and the server started correctly.

That just leaves the secondary DC which will only fully start in Safe Mode but hangs in any other mode including DSRM - any clues how I can do a system state restore on a DC that won't start in DSRM?

Comment

Working...
          X