Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error joining Domain

i get this error when im trying to join my 2003 server to a 2008 DC

DNS was successfully queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain fakename.us:
    The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.fakename.us
    The following domain controllers were identified by the query:
    2008server.fakename.us
    Common causes of this error include:
    - Host (A) records that map the name of the domain controller to its IP addresses are missing or contain incorrect addresses.
    - Domain controllers registered in DNS are not connected to the network or are not running.
    For information about correcting this problem, click Help.

Why wont it join to the domain?

I checked the Host record. its there.

DNS is up too.

I can even see the fakename domain in the network places.

what gives?

Re: Error joining Domain

Remove the entry from the HOSTS file, damn i hate those things.

Clear you DNS cache on the client.

Comment

i also found these errors in my logs

The following DNS server that is authoritative for the DNS domain controller locator records of this domain controller does not support dynamic DNS updates:

DNS server IP address: 216.69.185.2
      Returned Response Code (RCODE): 4
      Returned Status Code: 9004

USER ACTION
      Configure the DNS server to allow dynamic DNS updates or manually add the DNS records from the file '%SystemRoot%\System32\

The dynamic registration of the DNS record 'c115382b-9fa5-4c5c-af40-7f2515095067._msdcs.crystalit.us. 600 IN CNAME 2008SERVER.fakename.us.' failed on the following DNS server:

DNS server IP address: 216.69.185.2
      Returned Response Code (RCODE): 4
      Returned Status Code: 9004

For computers and users to locate this domain controller, this record must be registered in DNS.

USER ACTION
      Determine what might have caused this failure, resolve the problem, and initiate registration of the DNS records by the domain controller. To determine what might have caused this failure, run DCDiag.exe. To learn more about DCDiag.exe, see Help and Support Center. To initiate registration of the DNS records by this domain controller, run 'nltest.exe /dsregdns' from the command prom

Comment

Its weird too cuz i already got like 5 servers on the network already jusstt fine no probs. This one is bein a bitch. Only thing i did really that i can think of is if theres like a hosts file or pointer file or some shit for another server i would create a files of the same time for this machine hoping that would make it join the domain cuz all the other servers had these files so i figure im gonna need them for the new server too and just epic fail.

Comment

Do you have external DNS servers in your NIC properties??? If so remove them.

Comment

flush dns and remove cache from server and clients etc.

see if you can resolve the name via ip.

try joining to domain with full qualified domain name and half too like internl.domain etc

mostly check all the DNS entries. i had this similar issue.

Comment

Working...
            X