No announcement yet.

Server reboots in the morning

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server reboots in the morning

Within the last 2 weeks, I have a DC server in a branch office that reboots every morning between 6:30am and 7:10am. I have searched all the log files and cannot find any information to support why it is rebooting. The SYSTEM log has the following event ID: 6008, but is the type ERROR. I have read on 6008s being a type warning.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: EventLog
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 6008
    Date: 6/7/2005
    Time: 6:51:10 AM
    User: N/A
    Computer: RICFP01
    The previous system shutdown at 6:45:27 AM on 6/7/2005 was unexpected.
    0000: 000607d5 00070002 002d0006 0270001b
    0010: 000607d5 00070002 002d000a 0270001b

I went to EVENTID.NET and have searched around for a week in other groups. Is there someway to search this in more detail on the server or run an application that could record such an event in more detail?

It is a COMPAQ ML350 server. Thanks for any direction.

Do you read this article?
    MCSE w2k

Looks like someone is coming in early and boots the server. Had that happen to me, no lie!

Or perhaps some power failure?

What time do the cleaners come in? This is a serious question.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

The server is locked in a computer room, no one has keys to it (besides the IT person). He comes in at 8:30am. Cleaning people cannot get into that room. The only application this is running on it is Veritas Backup Exec, v 10. There are other people in the office working, CAD, that are working and then lose connection to the network drive as it reboots.

The server is not logged in, it is at the login screen, no screen saver. I will further check to see if there are any power surges in the morning or something like that.... Thanks

peaks in the power supply can cause this kind of problems.
            are you using an UPS?
            Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
            "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
            "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

I had a server that worked fine until a certain load was put on it when some services/apps started. It then rebooted. Took some weeks to find the problem but it turned out the brackets holding the heatsink onto the CPU (Intel) had broken in one corner an the heatsink no longer made full contact with the processor. Intel's thermal overload kicked in and the server rebooted It would run fine again until the services or apps that required some horsepower from the processor caused a heat increase.
              Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Server reboots in the morning

I've got the same problem with one of mine 2003 server; did you ever resolve this unexpected reboot issue?
                --> Original message: