Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stand Alone Server access to domain

Hi folks,

Trying to give access to a Stand-Alone server that is not part of our domain to allow a backup job to a Network Storage server that is part of the domain.

How can I accomplish this?

I've tried setting up a user account on the Stand alone and (of course) doesnt' recognize that account.

I just don't know what to do guys.

NOTE: I cannot add this server to the domain as it would cause problems with the VoIP software we're currently running so that is not an option.

TIA!
    Last edited by Mudd; 7th April 2009, 18:57.

Re: Stand Alone Server access to domain

On the standalone server map a drive to the domain server, select the option to reconnect at logon, select the option to connect as another user and provide domain credentials for a user in the domain.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      On the standalone server map a drive to the domain server, select the option to reconnect at logon, select the option to connect as another user and provide domain credentials for a user in the domain.
      Sorry for not mentioning that, but I did create a mapped drive on this machine, giving it the proper credential to connect. As a matter of fact, it is showing connected so the only reason I can think of for the backup job not working is the account I used to run the job doesn't have the proper credentials to access the server where the job is being copied to. Does this make sense?

Comment

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Try manually changing the account or service to use a username in the domain\username format and put in domain credentials and see if it works.

If that doesn't work, then create a local user on the standalone server that matches a username in the domain and give the local user the same password as the domain user and set the backup program to use this local user account.

Comment

I think it's working Joe, I just have to iron out a few things so thank you so much for your help on this.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
            X