Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsolve problem with 2003 server

Hello,

First of all excuse me for my bad english.
    I have a very big problem right now, pherhaps some one can help me out.
    We have a server 2003 with AD and about 100 users. we have redirect and a roaming profile.It whas working fine till last monday. then users start to complain that when they try to go to my doc, tey receive acces denied.
    I have take owner ship of the users file on drive, then all the users can work for a half our.
    After that I have to reboot the server. Its starts to give a lot of problem because I work in a school and nex week will be exams. but I still cannot restore the profile and still don't know what the problem is. I think is a virus thats is hooking up in all the users profiles and he is taken all the rights away.

Maybe some one can help me out with this or give me a tool to put the serveR back in a ealier restore point so I can fix this problem

Re: Unsolve problem with 2003 server

Hi there,

Has something changed on the client/server around this time such as Anti-virus?

Are the "my docs" being protected by GPO - "grant exclusive rights to user"

Simon

Comment

Yes we had symantec AV 10.0 running corporate edishon and we change it to VIPRE AV.
      But more I read on the site of microsoft more it convence me that we have a virus/worm (confiker) problem.
      Because the network have slowing down and I get a lot of Autorun.inf file in users profile and also SVCHOST services in my taskmanager.

Comment

If you think you have been infected by the Conficker virus then follow the instructions here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962007

Comment

Thanx a lot guys, have a lot of work to do before the school exams begin....the Network is completley infected...

Comment

Glad to help. Hope you get it sorted. Post back here to fill us in on your progress.

Comment

Originally posted by losiabaar View Post
              Thanx a lot guys, have a lot of work to do before the school exams begin....the Network is completley infected...
              Are there 2 or 3 (or more) senior students who you or the teachers trust, have some good computer experience that could come in on a weekend and help clean the network?
              1 1 was a racehorse.
              2 2 was 1 2.
              1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
              2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Oke. I have fix the problem by install a new server and put all the back-ups of database and user profile on the new server. thanks God I had all my back-ups in place. After that I have put the new server online and the one that was infected I took it of the domain. And it was a succes. Now that my network is up and running I go to expreriment with vmware.

Thanks people.

Comment

With Access denied issues in Folder Redirection: I found, disabling/unchecking "Move the contents of My Documents to the new location.", solved my problem.

Comment

Working...
                  X