Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Domain Issue

Hi ,

We are using Windows 2003 and one domain controller abc.com , now i am creating one child domain under this domain as india.abc.combut while creating it its giving some error like this ...

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a domain controller for domain abc.com:
    The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
    (error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)
    The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.abc.com
    Common causes of this error include the following:
    - The DNS SRV records required to locate a domain controller for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a domain controller is added to a domain. They are updated by the domain controller at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with following IP addresses:
    - One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:
    abc.com
    com
    . (the root zone)
    For information about correcting this problem, click Help.

on Main Domain Lan config is like this .

IP192.168.111.105
    GW192.168.111.105
    DNS 192.168.111.105

on Child Domain

IP 192.168.111.106
    GW 192.168.111.106
    DNS 192.168.111.105

i have also add host entry of abc.com in host file and i am getting ping reply with abc.com ..but while giving user name and password to connect on creating child domain its giving this erroe ..so can anyone help me to solve this issue ...

Thanks...

Re: Child Domain Issue

Can the server that is being used for the child domain controller resolve the name and IP for the abc.com domain? Also are you able to ping the abc.com DC from the child DC?

-Jason
    MCSA/MCSE 2K3,MCITP:ESA,MCTS x 4,VCP x 2

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply ,

My Child Server is able to resolve the abc.com domain name ...as i have added a host entry ...also from child server i am able to ping my root domain ...

I think there is some settings in my parent server ..and i am missing it ...so can anyone help me to resolve it...

Thanks...

Comment

hi ,

can any one pls help me to solve this ...

Thanks

Comment

Please don't "bump" posts
          Everyone here gives up their free time to help out, so it may take more than 35 hours to get a reply. MS will give you chargeable help on demand.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

check this link

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=255248

it might help you

Comment

Working...
            X