Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Process for enabling Logon/off script at the OU level

Hi,

I have implemented a logon/off script at the OU level which works, although just curious to the process of adding the script.

Should one:

Create (or edit existing) the GPO
    Retrieve the GUID, copy and paste the relevant scripts in the \\logon \\logoff folder and then browse to it and add it that way?

The reason I ask is if you browse and add the script, it shows in the directory path, although when clicking the "show files button" it isn't there. Consequently the script will show in the relevant RSOP but wont run.
    If you paste the scripts in the relevant GUID folder and then browse and include the scripts, all is well!
    Have they put the buttons the wrong way around. Sorry if i haven't explained this very well - i can make a flash demo if it's easier!

Re: Process for enabling Logon/off script at the OU level

Hi,

Are you sure you are browsing to the right folder there?
    Each policy has got their own folder structure with similarly named subfolders,so make sure you are browsing to the right path.
    To make sure the script goes on the right folder, just click on the Show Files button, add the script (Copy&Paste) and then Add it and browse to the Logon Folder within that policy (The default page opens there).

Hope it helps.
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Use the GPO. When you click the Show Files button, explorer opens the appropriate folder in the GPO folder in the sysvol share on the DC. Right click anywhere in the empty explorer window, select new text file, create the file and rename it with a bat extension.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your posts.

I guess my confusion lied (lies!) on the purpose of the "Add" Button.

The way I understood the dialog (attached) was to be able to add the script and apply it (regardless of location on the server). You are then able to check at a later date which script is being applied using the "show files" button.

If you do this, the script is not applied unless it is in the relevant folder which is visible within the "show files " button. Perhaps they should have removed the folder direction button on the "Add" feaure? This way, when clicking "Add" you are only able to apply a script from the relevant GUID folder.

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Yeah, that's exactly where i got caught myself and had to figure it out the hard way.
          I think the Add button assigns the script to the policy and different policies have different subfolders for storing data (albeit the same structure) so we don't get them confused (A slight deviation from the legacy way of using Logon scripts on the Netlogon folder).

Ta
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi,

Pleased to hear it wasn't just me! I am sure you know the feeling of looking in to something so much you either miss the point, go mad, or both!

Thanks to both of you for putting me straight!

Comment

Working...
            X