No announcement yet.

There is not enough space on the disk.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is not enough space on the disk.

Client OS is Windows XP Pro SP3. Server OS is Windows 2003 Small Business Server SP2. I have about 350Gigs of free space on the network drive on the server.

When I try to copy files from a client to the netword drive, after copying 5 or 6 files I receive "There is not enough space on the disk. Delete one or more files to free disk space and then try again" error.
    I'm not using quota. I seems that the problem is only with the mapp I try to copy to because its works perfect to copy to others mapp on the same network drive !!.
    I am admin and have all the possible rights to copy there. I can create mapp and delete mapp in the mapp where I can't copy.

It seems like a limitation in memory or something.

Re: There is not enough space on the disk.

The problem was..... my memorie !!! I used the File Server Ressource Manager (FSRM)in the mmc to configure quota för this mapp för 2 years ago and simply forgot it.
    When I looked in the drive properties (Right click), the quota was off and it's why I thought that was not a quota problem.
    I need vacations.

Re: There is not enough space on the disk.

Ah yes, the old Memory Management Console failure trick.

Thanks for posting back with what the problem was. Easy to forget stuff after a couple of years. Need to create some documentation for future MMC failures.
      Departed: 23rd December 2015