No announcement yet.

How can i deny more than one user form login at same time?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i deny more than one user form login at same time?

Hi ,
    How can i deny more than one user form login at same time if they know password .
    i know that ican by change password .
    but i want to stop if any user try to logon to network while there are one user work in network by same account .

have a look at this;en-us;q237282 and this
    both should make the work
    Good Luck

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

or limitlogon

LimitLogin capabilities include:
      •Limiting the number of logins per user from any machine in the domain, including Terminal Server sessions.
      •Displaying the logins information of any user in the domain according to a specific criterion (e.g. all the logged-on sessions to a specific client machine or Domain Controller, or all the machines a certain user is currently logged on to).
      •Easy management and configuration by integrating to the Active Directory MMC snap-ins.
      •Ability to delete and log off user session remotely straight from the Active Directory Users and Computers MMC snap-in.
      •Generating Login information reports in CSV (Excel) and XML formats.
      Please keep in mind that this tool is Not Supported (similar to a resource kit or support tool).
      and a faq about it:
      Technical Consultant

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

But i heard that i can do it by gruop policy from deny intractive logon
        but i do not how ?
        i mean if i have in ad user name " s1 " and pass is : 123
        i want stop anther user try to logon from another computer by s1 accout when real s1 had already logon .

Denying interactive logon will stop a user logging on completely, regardless of whether they are logged on elsewhere. With Windows 2000 & 2003 you can't stop multiple logons out of the box. You need to add either a third party tool (such as userlock) or the microsoft offerings of limitlogon.

EDIT: Just found this - looks a bit crude though:;en-us;260364
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **