Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running Vista on 2003 Domain

Hi,

I hope this is posted in the right forum.

Just proactively looking for any "gotcha's" for running Vista machines on a 2003 STD domain.

The time is coming to replace several machines and it will make a difference when ordering (from Dell) if we want the "revert to XP" CD.

I joined one Vista machine a small while ago and haven't noticed anything, but would be interested to hear any feedback. I have read this page and a google but not resulted in much - perhaps I was too vague!

Just usual stuff for end user; Office (with Exchange) and Web browser for CRM.

Thanks.

Re: Running Vista on 2003 Domain

Wouldn't you consider waiting for Windows 7 instead?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi there,

I certainly would, but i am not sure how much longer the machines can wait. They are over 5 years old (weren't brilliant spec then!) and worked 14 hour days!

Comment

Hi,

The RC will be available this May I think and then the full version to follow.
        If you are going to make the jump from XP to vista IMO it's worth hanging on a little more for the Win7.
        I am sure what you have there will "behave" for another year
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

If you have to get Vista, the only issue I ever encountered was with IPv6. Disabling it resolved the issue.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guy's.

Virtual - Just read the MS article on this - thanks for the pointer!

Comment

Working...
            X