No announcement yet.

Auto CAD software on laptops advice...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto CAD software on laptops advice...

They won't be changing the same files very often.

I have another user who syncs 4GB and she has all kinds of sync issues every few months. I'm imagining that times 5 X 8! Is there a maximum recommended offline sync size?
    Last edited by benmate; 24th March 2009, 00:06.

Re: Auto CAD software on laptops advice...

2. It depdends whether they are using the same file as each other. If they are and changes are made, it will lead to conflicts. When they return to work, depending if somebody else has already synchronised, they may receive different prompts each time with regards to whether to keep the server copy or local copy etc. so some training would be needed.

Comment

Thanks Virtual.

I asked about this, and the response was, that they "pretty much" always work on their own files. Aside from that, could there be issues with trying to sync that much data? I have another client who syncs about 4GB worth and every couple months she gets really funky sync errors that take a long time for me to fix. So, now I'm imagining that times 5 (size wise) and times 8 (user wise)! Is there a recommended maximum offline sync size?

Comment

No problem. I am not aware of a size limit. Only a cache size limit. This should help.

http://www.terinea.co.uk/blog/offlin...he-2-gb-limit/

I have had similar issues. I don't personally use this method due to problems in certain sites depedning on their file types. You could consider a folder hierarchy on the server. A root folder for the share and then folders for the file types or each individuals file and then use 'synctoy'. It depends whether this is a feasible option and for it to function, everyone will not be able to sync to just the root folder.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

Working...
        X