domain controller for disaster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain controller for disaster

i've got a DC server 2003 with dns and active directory, i would like to have a secondary domain controller for fault tolerence ...
    How to configure this second domain controller ?
    how to configure dns and active directory for this dc ?

install the second dc as additional domain controller for an existing domain. you can install adittional dns server for backup. use the existing dns that was configured in the active directory installation and configure it to forward queries to isp dns server.
    configure dns to use active directory integrated zone so the zone will be replicated with active directory.
    you can also read this article http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro.../addomcon.mspx
    Good Luck

Shai

MCSE 2003+Security;MCSE 2003+Messaging
    HP ASE;HP AIS;HP APS

So, from me to all of you out there, wherever you are, remember:
    the light at the end of the tunnel may be you. Good Day!

Comment

Make a note that this replica DC must be connected to the network, and it cannot be disconnected for disaster scenarios. If you do disconnect it, if you're running W2K or WIN2003 prior to SP1, then it MUST be reconnected to the network and synchronize with the existing DC at least once every 60 days. In WIN2003 SP1 it can be disconnected to up to 180 days.
      Cheers,

Daniel Petri
      Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
      MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
      X