Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not ping FQDN but can ping IP and name

Hello Experts,

I have two windows domain. I need to create trust relation.
    drwho.bcc.wa.edu.au IP:10.143.8.7
    ballajurccs1.ballajurcc.internal IP:10.142.8.11

Both are routed through Cisco router. Both are Active Directory DNS. I can ping each other by IP and name. But I can not ping by FQDN. When I am trying to create external trust. It can not find domain. I reckon it is a DNS issue. But i dont know how to resolve it.

Anybody willing to help me. Thanks in advance.

regards,
    raihan

Re: Can not ping FQDN but can ping IP and name

Just add the IP address of DNS Server of drwho.bcc.wa.edu.au as the alternate dns on ballajurccs1.ballajurcc.internal DNS Server on TCP/IP property page

Just add the IP address of DNS Server of ballajurccs1.ballajurcc.internal the alternate dns on drwho.bcc.wa.edu.au DNS Server on TCP/IP property page

that means if you are having a DNS Server 1.1.1.1 for the first domain, add this IP as an alternate DNS server on the TCP/IP property page on the DC of Second Domain and repeat it for the second server.

Comment

Add the proper Forwarders on each DNS server for both zones.

Comment

Hi,

Its working now. I added DNS forwarder in both server. Now I can ping FQDN from both server. I added both drwho.bcc.wa.edu.au and ballajurccs1.ballajurcc.internal as NS server in the property of NS records in both domain. But do I really need to add them in NS property in DNS record.
        I did not add them as secondary DNS server in TCP/IP property.
        My question is what is standard MS procedure of working on DNS record before creating trust relation.

Please advise.

Thanks again.
        Raihan

Comment

Working...
        X