Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can't access Active Directory Users and Computers in !Windows Server pls Help me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't access Active Directory Users and Computers in !Windows Server pls Help me

Hello Friends,
    How can i access Active Directory Users and Computers, Active Directory Sites and Services in order to manages users, security groups and other objects in the active Directory! pls Help me

Thank you in Anticipation

Re: I can't access Active Directory Users and Computers in !Windows Server pls Help

Originally posted by adebiyi View Post
    Hello Friends,
    How can i access Active Directory Users and Computers, Active Directory Sites and Services in order to manages users, security groups and other objects in the active Directory! pls Help me

Where do you want to access it from? Remotely or on the server? What domain setup have you got?

Comment

Re: I can't access Active Directory Users and Computers in !Windows Server pls Help

Install the Windows Server 2003 administration pack on the machine you want to use it on... then click "start... administrative tools... Active Directory users and computers"

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Hello Friends,

I want to access from the server as an Administrator, My domain setup windows Server 2003

Comment

Hi Stonelaughter,

I ready have the Windows Server 2003 installed on the machine but each time i click on my Active Directory Users and Computer to add new users,computers or modify it -it doesn't open.

Pls i will really appreciate your Professional guide, am new here!!!

Comment

Hi Stonelaughter,

I ready have the Windows Server 2003 installed on the machine but each time i click on my Active Directory Users and Computer to add new users,computers or modify it -it doesn't open.

How many DCs do you have in the domain? Do they connect ok, if applicable? Has it ever worked? Is the computer a DC?

Comment

Comment

I have just one DC, and it has been working ok for the past one year now, I think the netwok connection is ok too. The computer is a DC.

Comment

Try typing

dsa.msc into the Run box. Let us know if it comes up ok.

Comment

Hello Sir,

Are you there?

Comment

I did exactly that ,but it didn't come up

Comment

I see. Does anything come up? If you get an empty node or something similar, right click on it and see if you can point it at the Domain.

You could perhaps install the admin tools on another PC as well to test.

Comment

This is not an SBS problem so i will move it to another forum. I doubt the post complies with the rules of posting since so little information about the setup and/or history is given. Please read the sticky post Before you Post and you will be better able to phrase your question and the forum members will be better able to answer you.
                          TIA

Steven Teiger [SBS-MVP(2003-2009)]
                          http://www.wintra.co.il/
                          sigpic
                          Iím honoured to have been selected for the SMB 150 list for 2013. This is the third time in succession (no logo available for 2011) that I have been honoured with this award.

We donít stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Comment

when you say "nothing comes up" does the console come up with nothing in it, or does nothing at all happen ?
                            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                            X