Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't print to local printer from terminal session.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't print to local printer from terminal session.

I have a user trying to print to her Lexmark X5150 all-in-one from her terminal session. Her PC is XP home and the printer works fine on it. When she connects to the 2k3 terminal server and tries to print to her local printer, she gets an error. I tried to print a test page and it errored out right away saying "Test page failed to print, would you like to view our trouble shooter that will never help you?"

From what I can tell on their website, XP and 2k3 use the same driver, so I don't think that's an issue.

Is there any sort of compatibility issue? I thought as long as it worked on your local PC, it'd work on the TS.

I did some reading on ExpertsExchange and someone else was having a similar issue, after they upgraded to RDP 6.0 it went away. So I'll try that tomorrow when I get in contact with them again.

Re: Can't print to local printer from terminal session.

Does the user have printer redirection on???

Does the server have the print drivers installed???

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Does the user have printer redirection on???
      I don't know. I would assume not.
      Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Does the server have the print drivers installed???
      Yes. She installed the drivers from the CD on the server. I thought that if the driver wasn't available, the printer wouldn't show up.

Comment

I have had nothing but trouble with AIO printers, especially lexmarks.

I would recommend you go to the server and see if there is a popup on the console after each print job. When one of my users had one I found 10 messages sitting on the console running a full software program from lexmark waiting for me to hit continue.

Workaround: If possible try to get the person a cheap laser (Brother ML series) or cheap inkjet (if they must have color).

I know this is not a solution and I appologize for that. If anyone has been able to get a lexmark AIO to work I would gladly hear it, but I have searched and searched and could not find a way to do it.

Hobie

Comment

I just found this: http://www.avazpour-it.com/media/fil...nes%20v1.5.pdf
          It looks like all-in-ones aren't supported for the most part.

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
          I have had nothing but trouble with AIO printers, especially lexmarks.

I would recommend you go to the server and see if there is a popup on the console after each print job. When one of my users had one I found 10 messages sitting on the console running a full software program from lexmark waiting for me to hit continue.

Workaround: If possible try to get the person a cheap laser (Brother ML series) or cheap inkjet (if they must have color).

I know this is not a solution and I appologize for that. If anyone has been able to get a lexmark AIO to work I would gladly hear it, but I have searched and searched and could not find a way to do it.

Hobie

Comment

Working...
          X