Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sometime Unable Connect with MSTSC from WAN

Hi,
    I have Windows Std 2003 sp1-32bit server hosted at ISP location. We accesing application loded on this server over wan.For giving support i take MSTSC of this server.
    But whenever user reported application access problem, i tried to take remote session of server. When this problem occur , i unable to take MSTSC of this server over wan but in lan i can take control of server using mstsc.
    Then i take remote session of other server hosted at same place.From that server i take remote session of this server.Then i restart this server , once this restarted we can access application as well as i take remote session from my pc.During this my server is working fine.
    Kindly suggest .

Regards,
    Rahul Pawar.

Re: sometime Unable Connect with MSTSC from WAN

Originally posted by rahul pawar View Post
    Hi,
    I have Windows Std 2003 sp1-32bit server hosted at ISP location. We accesing application loded on this server over wan.For giving support i take MSTSC of this server.
    But whenever user reported application access problem, i tried to take remote session of server. When this problem occur , i unable to take MSTSC of this server over wan but in lan i can take control of server using mstsc.
    Then i take remote session of other server hosted at same place.From that server i take remote session of this server.Then i restart this server , once this restarted we can access application as well as i take remote session from my pc.During this my server is working fine.
    Kindly suggest .

Regards,
    Rahul Pawar.
    Have you looked at the Server's event viewer? Please feel free to post any of them here but of course removing any details relevnt to your server by giving it a generic name. Such as 'Server with Apps', server IP, DC IP with FSMO roles etc.

Comment

Re: sometime Unable Connect with MSTSC from WAN

As well as the events logged, check the terminal services service on the server and its dependencies on the Dependencies tab of the service properties. It could well be that the application you have problems with and this service are related. Try to configure the Recovery tab of the service to minimise your interaction and maybe on Subsequent failures configure it to send you an e-mail notification so you are aware of the problem.

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
      X