Teaming Broadcom problem MS 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teaming Broadcom problem MS 2003

I have Broadcom BACS 9.5.8.0 software installed. It is 2003 Microsoft server. I have teamed nework connections with private and as well public address at the same time. That was implemented by third party company. Two network cards are teamed. I have tried to remove public address and leave only the private one, beacuse I want to put the server behind firewall. Well I can only remove Ip address through Contral panel, ... than properties and click advanced and then remove public address there.

That is the problem because the BACS (Broadcom Advanced Control Suite) will not settle in with stable address for more than 5 minutes.

Maybe I am doing something wrong with this teaming software?

Re: Teaming Broadcom problem MS 2003

Try to make any changes through the Broadcom control suite (Either accessible from the system tray icon or usually via "%ProgramFiles% Broadcom\BACS\BACS.exe")
    In there configure the existing team or maybe create a new team to fit your needs.

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Yes,

I have tried to do that. There is still no way even there to change the ip address. I can get to create/modify my old team "teamtomod", but I do not have option overthere to modify ip address. I could add remove adapters or changed the name of teaming but I could not get tochange ip address of my team,

Comment

Here is print screeen at the attached file
        Last edited by pereubu; 3rd March 2009, 15:26.

Comment

Why don't you "break" the team, do what you need to do, then recreate the team.

Comment

The problem is that it is on blade server clarion emc rack. In fact I do not know how they installed that at the first place. I do not know the technicalities of flare etc. So if I break the team, what is going to happened? Lan connection and lan connection 2 are without tcp properties. To much risk. All documentation I have got are not telling me what to do.

Comment

Ok,

I have now clear understanding. I have to modify team, and I have to remove from the team lan connection or lan connection 2 (on the screen I have NICs). On BACS I have public address as the address of team connections.

On control panel for my team connection my primary address is private and on advance setting I have included public address. So, what I have to do?

1. Break team, leave one nic, modify ip, recreate team.
              2. modify control panel if it is neeeded?

What if I loose my addreses? It is my email server, and I might be in a big problems. I have to be absolutely sure in what I am doing.

Comment

There was probably a good reason for teaming them at the time, one of which is to create some sort of fault tolerance in case any of the NICs died.
                If you take a note of all the IP config on the virtual adaptor you can still recreate the team with the same configuration if anything else fails.

Ta
                Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
                X