DNS issues ...Hello to everyone New user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS issues ...Hello to everyone New user

Hello to everybody as this is my first POST. I hope to learn a lot from this website..

We are running Active Directory on Windows 2003 and we have Active Directory Intergrated DNS server

The way our domain is configured
    domain name : ds.xyz.com

We already have a forward look up zone:ds.xyz.com
    Now we have two new website sites
    (a) xyz.com
    (b) aa.xyz.com
    These websites are visible externally but not from inside our domain.I am not sure if I need to create a new forward look up zone.

If I need to create a new forward look up zone

(a) Would the Host record point to external IP address of the websites? The external IP address is the same for both sites (xyz.com,aa.xyz.com)

(b) Can I have two CNAME records (one for xy.com and other for aa.xyz.com) in the same FORWARD LOOK UP ZONE
    Could somebody please help?

Thanks,
    Abhi

Re: DNS issues ...Hello to everyone New user

You have a 'split dns setup' where your internal domain name is the same as external. Are the websites hosted externally?

Comment

Yeah the websites are hosted externally.

But the internal domain is ds.xyz.com. We already have a forward look up zone for this . The internal servers are named as server1.ds.xyz.com

The new websites are
      (a) xyz.com
      (b) aa.xyz.com

Comment

can you clarify a little?

Comment

Since you are saying that those websites are hosted externally and they are accessed fine from outside your domain, then you need to delete any Resource records on you DNS related to those websites, clear the DNS cache and make sure you have properly setup either a forwarder to your router or ISP or root hints (If you haven't done already so, you won't be able to browse the internet).

Ta
          Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
          X