Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "computer" is not accessible........network path not found

good day I have a problem
    first of all i'm in a domain I can access most of the computers on the network by "my network places or run command, but some of the computer I get the error

"computer is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource.contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. the network path was not found" and because of this I can't even use admin shares to connect to the computer but I found a solution to this its weird but it worked all I did was create a share (folder) on the computer and everything started working... and now even if I take off the shared folder I can still connect to it from my network places

so my real question is how to fix this problem besides doing what I did..? ?

Re: "computer" is not accessible........network path not found

My first thought is you simply turned on "File and Print Services" when you shared the folder. When you remove the share the service is still on under TCP/IP.

Can you give more information? What groups on the domain is your account a member of? Domain Admins,etc.. Do you have a Group Policy on the domain?

Thanks,
    Hobie

Comment

Hi,

Have you got any WINS servers configured?
      Can you post the output of an IPCONFIG /all ?

Cheers
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

i'm so ashamed I forgot to check the File and Print Services hehe so happened this was my problem thanks but is there anyway to turn on the File and Print Services via group policy ?

BTW yes I'm an admin and I have group policy running but I do not have WINS running

and thanks again

Comment

And BTW

http://www.intelliadmin.com/blog/ind...roup-policy-2/

Comment

Working...
          X