Change user password from a remote computer on DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change user password from a remote computer on DC

i am trying to change user's password on a domain controller from a station which is on a workgroup. When i press CTRL+ALT+DEL and click on change password it asks for the username: log on to: old password: and new password: option. After entering all the required information and pressing OK a message appears "you do not have permission to change your password"

any help in this regard will be obliged

Regards

I think it's because the station is in a workgroup not the domain. It needs to be part of the domain.

If you can do it this way (which i doubt), does the user actually have rights to change his\her password ??

topper.
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

1)- i have an other server which is running Win 2003 Ent. it's in a workgroup when i want to change the password of a user whose account is created on this server i could change the password from others machines that are not on the other workgroup

2)- i only wanted to change the password from the workgroup not by joining the same domain

3)- i have alreay checked the security on domain controller any way if u could explain a little bit in detail about how we grant the right of change password to users.

Regards

Comment

In user properties, under account there is a tick box for "user cannot change password".

simple as that.

topper
        * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Working...
        X