No announcement yet.

standby exchange server

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• standby exchange server

Hi all,

I am trying to create a standby exchange server which will be connected only if the current server fails. The exchange is also an AD, which holds almost all FSMO rules besides RID.

I tried exchange disaster Recovery article but apparently that is not the way.
    The Standby computer has a different hardware from that of the current exchange server.
    I restored the current exchange server system state data to the standby server, and AD (on the standby computer) wasn't operating well.
    I want to avoid connecting the standby computer to the LAN when it is being configured to prevent duplicate IP/name.

The domain is 2003 native and exchange 2003 sp2 is installed.

1. How do I do this?
    2. Does another computer “system state data” can be restored to a different computer?

Thank you.

Re: standby exchange server

You should be very careful; Microsoft don't support (I don't think) Exchange Server running on a DC, especially not while it holds the FSMO roles... except on SBS/EBS of course.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you