No announcement yet.

Error 1327 Invalid drive letter "h:\"

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1327 Invalid drive letter "h:\"

I get this error right now on our W2003 SP2 server when I try to install or uninstall anything. We do not have a H drive. I have searched through the registry. I am very nervous about buying and running a Registry fixer on our AD server (of course)

How can I fix this error? I can't install Veritas because I can't uninstall the old one, so no backups. Thanks for your time - it's much appreciated.

NEWSBREAK: fixed it. The offending key was in User Shell Folders, mapping the H drive for logged on users as a Favorites drive

In the process, I ran a scan by a program called Regcure. It found 1200 errors! Are these programs safe for an W2003 DC? I didn't fix anything but I'm curious, naturally
    Last edited by pksupport; 13th February 2009, 03:35.

Re: Error 1327 Invalid drive letter "h:\"

I would never use a third party reg cleaner on a production server.

If you want your registry checking over for health, log a support call with Microsoft and have them do it. You'll pay - but it's worth it.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

I would second that, especially on a DC.
      If it ever got to the stage where I wanted to start deleting 1200 registry entries I would demote/wipe/re-promote the box instead.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sort on on topic, but why the heck hasnt MS fixed that "invalid drive letter" error when using redirected favorites? I have had this happen even on Vista! Favorites do not have to do with installing/removing programs.