IIS FTP permissions issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IIS FTP permissions issues

First I will prefece that I have tried the below procedure on two different systems, one running R2, one not, both running SP2.

I am trying to set up an FTP server using IIS 6 so that I can have grant different users read/write accesses to different areas. I am NOT looking for a home drive type system, but rather a common share where I can control read/write. I also do not want any anonymous access. Here is what I attempted:

Created a folder on my drive to act as my FTP root. Removed inheritance, and set allow permissions for my user account, and a web downloaders group. I removed all other permissions. I then logged into my ftp server using IE, just using ftp://localhost. I was prompted to authenticate. However, when I use a test user that is not part of the downloaders group, they still have full access. Even when I set an exlicit deny on the folder I still get the same result.

I do not want any authenticated users to be able to access the ftp site even the root. I want the users to have to be a member of the web downloaders group. Why is FTP ignoring permissions? I have removed all other entries(IE administrator system etc). I have tried this with AD accounts and local accounts and got the same result. I have read numerous tutorials on how to do this and based on the instructions what I did should work.

Re: IIS FTP permissions issues

There are two issues at work here: 1.) the FTP protocol permissions and 2.) the NTFS folder permissions. Can you be specific in telling us: 1.) What FTP protocol permissions you have set on the properties of the FTP server (read, write, anonymous access) and 2.) What NTFS permissions are on your ftp root folder.

Comment

Re: IIS FTP permissions issues

I set read/write, and I unchecked the box for allow anonymous on the security tab. on the FTP root I set my account to full access and web downloaders read/access

Comment

Working...
      X