NTFS Modify Permission

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTFS Modify Permission

Hi. i granted a folder modify permission. in microsoft technet site it tells us you can not delete subfolder when you grant modify permission to a folder. http://technet.microsoft.com/tr-tr/l...,printer).aspx

but when i grant modify permission to a folder i can delete subfolder. does technet give us wrong information?

Re: NTFS Modify Permission

Hi,
    No Technet is giving the right information.
    The thing is that when you grant the Modify permission to a folder, it applies onto This folder, Subfolders and Files by default.

That's why you are able to delete the subfolder.

To change that go to Advanced - Select a required Entry on the list and then click on Edit.
    Then on the Apply onto: section select this folder Only from the drop down list.

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

thanks for the answer. i wanna ask last question abuot this modify permission. i can not delete the folder that i grant modify permission. but in technet it tells you can delete. is it normal?

Comment

If you can modify a folder but not its contents (and are therefore denied delete priviliges to the contents, then no you won't be able to delete that folder.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

ok thanks for the answer. i understood all now

Comment

Working...
          X