Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

missing Between DHCP and DNS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • missing Between DHCP and DNS

    Hi
    there is missing connection between the DHCP and DNS.
    the DHCP renew IP for machines but the DNS doesn't update those IP

  • #2
    Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

    Ahmed,

    Please do not double post. I'll let you off this time as you have a high post count but you should know better.

    Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

      Originally posted by m80arm View Post
      Ahmed,

      Please do not double post. I'll let you off this time as you have a high post count but you should know better.

      Michael

      I'm so sorry
      but I already mentioned that I forgot to put my problem in the right place in the the first post
      and I'm sorry again

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

        Can you provide a bit more info about the configuration you are using.
        I.e. On the DHCP servers - DNS tabs - Properties have you got selected Dynamically update DNS A and PTR records only if requested by the DHCP clients
        Also for this configuration you need to have Client FQDN (Option 81) configured on the DHCP server.

        Cheers
        Caesar's cipher - 3

        ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

        SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

          Originally posted by AHMED KHALAF View Post
          I'm so sorry
          but I already mentioned that I forgot to put my problem in the right place in the the first post
          and I'm sorry again
          Still though the topic could be moved.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

          MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

          "Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

            Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
            Can you provide a bit more info about the configuration you are using.
            I.e. On the DHCP servers - DNS tabs - Properties have you got selected Dynamically update DNS A and PTR records only if requested by the DHCP clients
            Also for this configuration you need to have Client FQDN (Option 81) configured on the DHCP server.

            Cheers
            FIRST THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
            I already selected Dynamically update DNS A and PTR records only if requested by the DHCP clients
            but I do not know where to make configuration of the Client FQDN (Option 81)

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

              Originally posted by Dumber View Post
              Still though the topic could be moved.
              I'm sorry. but what to do to avoid that ?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                If you need your topic to be moved, you can contact a moderator or administrator. Or use the Report link on your post.
                Gareth Howells

                BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

                Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

                Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

                "For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

                "Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                  Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                  If you need your topic to be moved, you can contact a moderator or administrator. Or use the Report link on your post.
                  OK thanks It already removed

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                    Yeah, sorry if my previous post was misleading. If you have that selected I think that is Option 81. I only mention that sort of configuration as an example.
                    Option 81 is not listed on the Server or scope options.

                    On the clients Tcp/ip settings have you got Register this connection's addresses in DNS selected?
                    What happens on the client when you try to register the DNS (Ipconfig /registerdns).

                    Also on the DNS server what zones have you got configured and what are the Dynamic updates configured as.

                    Have a look at this as well: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816592

                    Ta
                    Caesar's cipher - 3

                    ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

                    SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                      Originally posted by L4ndy View Post
                      Also on the DNS server what zones have you got configured and what are the Dynamic updates configured as.

                      Have a look at this as well: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816592

                      Ta
                      thanks
                      I read the above article
                      but I didn't found any solution

                      and I found these error in the DNS event

                      The DNS server was unable to complete directory service enumeration of zone DORRAQATAR.COM. This DNS server is configured to use information obtained from Active Directory for this zone and is unable to load the zone without it. Check that the Active Directory is functioning properly and repeat enumeration of the zone. The extended error debug information (which may be empty) is "". The event data contains the error.
                      For more information, see Help and Support Center at

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                        Can you do a DCDiag and Netdiag and post any relevant details?
                        Caesar's cipher - 3

                        ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

                        SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: missing Between DHCP and DNS

                              This Is The Results

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X