help with disable redirection profiles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with disable redirection profiles

Hi all, well i need your help with something, we have roaming profiles here working for awhile well, at sometime long time ago we decided to try redirection profiles, we enabled it via a group policy, then disabled it again, my problem now with some orphans users which have redirection profile, if i disabled the share they receive errors about accessing the redirection, the group policy which was apply redirection already modified and disabled the redirection, these users configured with roaming profile option in there active directory attribute, how can i configure them to back to use there roaming profiles instead of the redirection profiles?!
    m.emam
    mcsa mcse

Re: help with disable redirection profiles

What? Can you explain what a redirection profile is? Are you referring to folder redirection?

Comment

sorry, yes i meant folder redirection
      m.emam
      mcsa mcse

Comment

OK, so which folders were redirected? What specific problem are you having? Be as detailed as possible.

Comment

well i was redirecting desktop and my docs to a specified place, using the user varibales %username% and it was working fine, but as i told you i disabled the policy.
          m.emam
          mcsa mcse

Comment

I believe when disabling the policy it gived you some choices at the time with regards to copying it back to the local machine or leaving where they are. Not sure which. Were you presented with those options?

Comment

This may help.

Let me know if I'm a mile from the issue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc738596.aspx

This should point you in the right direction for looking at the User attributes set/maybe left behind. It will be worth checking the permissions on the network folders as well.

Comment

In the GPO did you set the Policy Removal option to redirect the folders back to the local profile?

Comment

Thanks Virtual, well what if i mistakenly chose keep them in there place ? am i should recreate it and re disable it to change it to back to local folders?
                  m.emam
                  mcsa mcse

Comment

Yes, that's what I would suggest. Make sure you back it up first in case you need to restore it.

Comment

Finger's crossed it will work. Soemtimes with GPOs though when recreating, it may not allow you to restore certain settings. Let us know how you get on. I am sure I will need to do this at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X