Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Data from Computers is not available..." etc

Hello people

I am running a domain managed two Windows 2003 Domain Controllers; suddenly,one of these two - The Primary ! - repeatedly notifying "Data from Computers is not available from Domain Controller..." ,etc (no error number,no any message in all Event Viewer logs.

Temporary , this problem is "solved" by connecting to the other Domain Controoler, but I would prefer to rebuild the Computer Container rather than
    use that temporary solution.

May someone will help ?

thks in advance

Re: "Data from Computers is not available..." etc

Hi,

Firstly, do a Disk diagnostics check ( such as chkdsk) to rule out any hardware issues.
    How did this come about and when did the problem started? after any power failures? sudden reboots etc?

Cheers
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

L4ndy

Thank you so much for kind help; I checked the disk (Raid 0), made chkdsk /R several times,but the ultimate solution was replacing one of the two disks...it was really hardware failure.

Now - for the time being - all is ok; thks again.

Comment

May I suggest that you look into replacing the "RAID" uh-0h in your server with a true RAID? RAID 0 offers no redundancy - not good for a server.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X